Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall is in the Air

As I look outside the big picture window in my family room, I feel blessed to see the beautiful bright colors of the leaves on the tree in my front yard!  Last weekend, I made myself sit down and make some fall cards (fall is my favorite season to make cards in).  I say, 'force myself' not because I hate doing it, but because my busy schedule forces me to ignore my craft table! :(  

I decided to do some paper piecing with some red, orange and yellow paper to make these simple cards.  I am actually one of those strange people who enjoys cutting things out, so this project wasn't too tedious for me.  As my husband and I caught up on some much loved DVR'd tv, I cut out all of my pieces.  

I have, obviously, loved owls for years, so I have a huge collection of owl stamps.  Owls are very easily incorporated into fall paper crafting.  This owl was easy to make unique on each card by cutting different patterned paper out and piecing them together.  
Owl is from Hampton Art, and sentiment is from Hero Arts.  Patterned paper from Recollections 'Bold Basics.'
These paper pieced trees make me happy.  The different colors of the trees during this year is definitely my favorite part of the season.  As I drive through my older neighborhood, I see a variety of color from the trees lining the street.  Just beautiful!
Sentiment and trees from Hampton Art.  Patterned paper from Recollections 'Bold Basics.'
And last, but not least, this adorable squirrel with the acorns.  The squirrel was stamped on craft paper and then a patterned paper was used for his belly and tail.  I love the plaid pattern on the acorn with the sentiment, 'There is no one like you!'  On the inside corner of the card, another plaid acorn is seen for a special touch.
The squirrel and acorns are from Hampton Art, sentiment from Hero Arts.  Patterned paper from Recollections 'Bold Basics.'  
Whenever I work on cards, now-a-days, I always make sure to make multiples of the same or similar kind.  When you don't have a lot of time to craft, it is always good to make sure that you have some extras on hand when you need them in a hurry.  

Happy crafting and happy fall!


0 comments:

Post a Comment