Saturday, October 12, 2013

Go Redbirds!

Who would've thought that a girl from a Chicago Cubs family would become such a big St. Louis Cardinals fan? Well that's what happened to me!  You could say that my husband converted me.  He became a fan as a little boy; watching Ozzie Smith turn flips as a shortstop.  

Derrick and I are enjoying another season of post season play!  We are decked out in our Cardinals gear, with our Rally Squirrel, and our sign in the yard that says, "Cardinals Fan Lives Here."  


This year I decided to make a wreath for the front door that also announces to all our neighbors that we are Cards fans!

First, I bought a foam wreath from one of my favorite craft stores.  I used some red yarn to carefully wrap the entire wreath. 


Next, I cut the St. Louis logo out of black and white felt.  In order to make the logo, I printed it out on the printer and pinned it down on the black felt first.  After cutting it out, I then pinned the black felt onto the white felt and cut out a border.  I used the felt that is stiffer so that it could hold up on the front door.  Using a glue gun, I glued the two pieces together.


 This just didn't seem like it was done...it needed something more!

  
 After visiting another craft store, I bought three plain wooden circles and the glove.  After getting the wooden circles home, I painted them white with red laces.  After my new baseballs were ready, I used Modge Podge to seal the paint.   With some more glue from the glue gun, my wreath is complete!

We are so happy to cheer on our Cards!  And now everyone who passes by our house knows where our allegiance lies. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment